Re: Where do you get your music?

@Figment, I don't mind the categorisation, but it sort of annoyed me that you couldn't have a basic list of search results, ie, all the albums with the name john williams of whatever genre but had to look in different random genre categories. If there is a way to just display all results and miss out the genre thing that'd be much better.

As to Itunes, sinse the sidebar labels went bye bye in 2014, you probably had them at the start, indeed I suspect part of the reason you found Itunes got worse was the lack of such as much as anything with Jaws scripts.

I probably would've tried to live without them if I hadn't already been pretty annoyed with Itunes anyway what with all it's ridiculous functions and silly tree structure and lack of compatibility with any sensiblle layout.
As I've said before, I really don't like this modern tendency of chucking everything on screen at once at letting sighted users sort out what is where , as opposed to giving a more streamlined access to information with more standard lists and different parts of the display hidden etc, still more because another modern conceit is no ability to customize the interface at all! ever!