Re: Nethack 3.6 Released

Well I don't have a braille display unfortunately, and even with one your still! going to need to look at a hell of a lot of screen and memorize lots of details, (particularly sinse in Nethack what goes on right across the dungeon from you can have a major effect on what your doing).

I did once try to play Nethack the way I have got Angband to work, with a large monitor, supernova to read the text, my remaining vision and the biggest set of graphic tyles, but this didn't work as well sinse the contrast wasn't half as good, also it misses a lot of handy functions  Angband has like highlighting your character with a big yellow box.

Also for some odd reason auto reading of messages in the console window didn't happen with the graphic which was odd, sinse  it did happen with the ascii version, even though the window still had the same readable messages.

I might give it a try when i get back to my flat with my huge screen, sinse I have always fancied nethack, although even if the graphic tyles work I'd not go as far as saying any roguelike is entirely accessible, ---- not until either A, someone develops one where you can play without the ascii graphics, or B, Aprone finishes that full screen tactile display to show the hole dungeon under your fingers.

Still if anyone fancies a go I'd appreciate hearing about it.