Re: Let's talk about audiogame development environments

BNS BASIC required just a few external programs, run.bns which runs your compiled .bas files and compile.bns which compiles source files .src into binary .bas files.
I also had Blazie disk drive device for transfering data from a floppy disk into a notetaker. Good memories. So I didn't necessarily have to use Windisk.
I've downloaded both .bns files and just transfered them to my notetaker. Once you do that, you can write and run your code directly on a notetaker, no need to connect to a PC.
Back in 2003., I found the manual for coding in BNS Basic, written by Daniel Zingaro. On his web site, I also found his BNS games there, and I found compile.bns and run.bns programs on other places on the web, as well as Blazie's FTP site. Unfortunately, I haven't used my BNS 2000 since 2006, and it's battery is gone a long time ago. I lost my serial cable as well, and my later computers didn't have floppy disk drives built-in, so I found useless to continue using the notetaker.