Re: I've been threatened on alter aeon

I think there has been a spike in the levels of immaturity on this forum recently. God only knows why, but I do agree that it's pretty disheartening if you take it too seriously. On the other hand, to answer a question that was posed about why people keep responding to forum topics that are nothing but pointless drama, it's probably because nobody actually wants to see these kinds of topics die, just as most people will slow down and crane their necks to observe the destruction and carnage they can see if they encounter a car accident. It's all part of human nature to watch things fall apart. Hell, even I do it. I suppose that some would call that a breed of immaturity all its own, but we all have our faults.

As to the original point of this topic, it never would have been created at all if the OP truly felt their life was in danger. If you feel threatened, if someone has a vice grip on your life, your choices, and your vitality, the very last thing you'd ever do is tell anyone, knowing that doing so would get you on the fast track to whatever unpleasantness has been threatened. I speak from experience, which is why I have to be a little bit harsh and say, shut up and don't cause drama until such time as you've experienced what it really feels like to live in fear every day of your life. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but nor can I tolerate a topic like this being thrown around so casually as if lives can't be destroyed over the internet, even over vast distances.