Re: The Windows 10 New World Order

I actually understand why newer processors won't be supported on earlier versions; MS is trying to avoid what happened with XP. There's already a huge and ridiculously complex infrastructure in Windows for maintaining compatibility with older applications, especially 32-bit apps running on 64-bit Windows. If Microsoft had just given a more reasonable end-of-support timeline for 32-bit programs on x64 editions and then stated they wouldn't be guaranteed to work, we might not have as much of a problem now. People are lazy and won't support something new unless they absolutely must. Trying to keep things compatible with a 7-year-old OS (XP with latest service pack or 7, whatever) is just ridiculous. I only wish MS had learned this before now.