Re: Bootcamping my Mac Mini

Hello,

This machine can boot from USB. I've done it to install Snow Leopard, Leopard, and Tiger off of USB drives. I got this machine off of Kraigslist from some guy who didn't bother to give me install disks. I had to find dmg files for Leopard and Snow Leopard and I bought a Tiger disk which appears to have disappeared. (I hate people that move my crap around at random.)

Anyway, are you saying I can't use a USB drive to install XP? I have an XP ISO image. Also, how do I go about formating the drive as fat32? I don't think OS X supports that unless you do it through terminal?

edit

Oh, I'm an idiot! You can format disks as fat. I was thinking NTFS. So, I don't know anymore. This seems way too complicated. If only Microslop actually cared enough to make the installer talk. I really don't want to have to fish out an external monitor. So, the current talking preinstallation packages don't even run the XP install program? [[wow]], I don't know. My first idea was to see if I could even get a talking PE to load up and talk. If I can't even do that, it looks like I'll have to get someone to help. Also, I don't have disks and don't really feel like buying some.