Help with bk2 stage 3 level 2 please?

Hi all,
  So I'm finding this level impossible to complete. It's hard enough killing the big gocky shonan and the big slime, -- they take on average 8 seconds to kill. Then though we have the generater, and the level cannot be completed until it is killed. Problem is, I've tried several things: cheats, hammer (super hammer by the way), short sward, pachinkos, and whatever other weapons you can access at that stage. But going back and playing 3.1, I discovered that to kill a generater, it takes about 16 hits of short sward and 4 with super hammer. Now you all know there's not nearly enough time to get all that in before another swarm of enemies is either A, generated or B, comes up behind you. So do you guys have any tips?
Thanks,
Steve.