looking ideas to help me with my independence

Hello all,
So I was speaking to someone recently and we came up with a sort of independence plan, of things required that would work in daily life, and a couple ideas have caused some questions to come up.
I'm from the UK, and I'm wondering if it's possible to identify the different pound notes somehow. I had a feel of the different notes and they seem slightly different, but I'm wondering if there's a way to learn the different note types or have another way of figuring it out, not just by using tech. I use an android and I don't know if there's a money reader for it, and besides, if I'm in a queue I might not be able to just whip out my phone and scan. How would you guys identif these pound notes?
My second question is, credit card. How  can I learn/have on hand my credit card number? Is writing a text file with the number truly a good idea, what about hackers/people who might snoop? Is there another way?
If anyone else has any suggestions as to how to help with independence then feel free to come up with some stuff. I'm quite far away from the specialized schools and the RNIB and my local society have sort of... stopped helping. Here's a list of things I can do:
I can have my own shower and get dressed. I can make a Sandwich but I've yet to actually try doing this with no one around, and I can get ready and into bed at night, and somewhat make my bed in the morning. I can't really think of other stuff to learn at the moment, or stuff I'd like to learn. Is there a way to make independence learning, perhaps, more fun? What other tasks could I try?