Re: i think last ultra power: old version of ultra power

Actually, this isn't so bad, in fact it's probably the only legitimately useful Ultrapower topic that I've come across in the last month or so.
This really is the latest, most updated free version, and the server that he points to in the included file is actually online and has no lag.
The game it's self is complete, the only problem is that you can't get a server list and obviously you can't get updates.

However, while the server he points to has items, you can't actually pick them up, which kind of puts a damper on things, and what ever default weapon your supposed to have is missing, also I didn't find anyone else on there when I was messing around.
If someone was willing to take the time and set up a working server instead of mucking about with the actual games code, this could still be pretty fun, abandoned or no.
I wonder how you set one up?  It doesn't seem like the tools to do so are included in this package unfortunately....

I also wonder if you can make maps offline, or have a dedicated mapping server so that people can make new ones and then submit them to a main server to be cycled through, but the builder documentation isn't there either.
Unfortunately, Mason is pretty flaky most of the time so I wouldn't count on him to give you the resources, or at least not within a reasonable amount of time, and Colton Hill is clearly trouble for everyone he comes in contact with and constitutes a massive security breech; I wouldn't trust anything he gives you, essentially.
Maybe someone else was smart enough to make backups of this kind of stuff, far away from the virus ridden Soundworx Betas dropbox folder?  That would be nice... tongue
In it's heyday this game was actually quite fun, so it would be awesome if the good old UP commun ity, not the hormonally challenged preteens and copycat pretend programmers we have now could step forward and help fix what the people who were supposed to be in charge fucked up so completely.  big_smile
We did it for RTR, so why not for UP?