Re: Classic home computers and the blind. Your experiences

Ah the Eureka A4, I remember playing space invaders on that thing, although they called it aliens.

It was quite creative how they implemented the ships, using musical notes.

you'd have to match the correct notes before firing, for example you're at the far left, which use to be represented with the musical note C, and the ship happened to be at F sharp, so you'd have to find F sharp and shoot.

There was no panning back then so you had to be creative with your games.

Another game that was similar was missile.

The music composer was pretty cool as well, although my musical knowledge wasn't good enough to use it.

Cursoring to the note, then telling it what type of note, ETC.

I was told composing would take up to a few hours.

So yeah, things were certainly different back then.

I'd love to see if someone could make an emulator for the Eureka A4, or any of these old machines, so the games could be revived.

Even re-writing some of those games, the way it was intended to be played would be cool.

I'd definitely play Aliens again.

Yeah I know there are space invader type games out there, but they're not like Aliens.

Aliens didn't have an ending, you'd play until you got killed.

Of course, the game would just keep getting faster.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector