Re: Python and its editors.

Never tried Komodo, but one of the nice things about Python is you don't necessarily need an IDE.  I usually use Notepad++ and the Windows command-line, and if Notepad doesn't work for you then plain old Notepad will still do the trick.

And NVDA itself has some awesome features for Python.  If you're just learning the basics, it has a built-in Python console, and it's definitely accessible (NVDA speaks the output of what you type).  And NVDA has a way to set it to read the number of tabs (which matters in Python more than in other languages).

But I gotta admit, I would sure like a program that's got a little more than that, like auto-complete (a.k.a. "intellisense") and a shortcut to run the program.  But part of the problem with Python in general is that portability generally takes way higher priority than accessibility.  They develop IDEs with the main goal of being cross-platform, but you don't see too many Python programs created with accessibility in mind.  Doesn't mean it can't be done, just that it usually isn't.  So for now, I'm sticking with Notepad++.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : CaptainCode via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : CaptainCode via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chpross via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : linneacdvorak64 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : majno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector