Re: People Please help

Greetings all.

I don't think the purpose of this topic was just to make people laugh but I admit I could be reading more into this than I ought to. Just 3 things to get people thinking. Firstly cookies. I know we've already touched on forums which makes sense. However, what was the idea behind calling something that enables web sites to store information about you, your preferences AKA log-in de tales, Email addresses, user names, passwords, addresses etc cookies? How exactly does a food item gain a secondary meaning relating to computers, phones, tablets etc? Also, tablets. I can see how in the days of old, people may have taken notes on and written on tablets; especially when writing down ciphers, but how then does 'tablet' come to mean a micro computer? Who invented the tablet and why are they becoming more popular now than ever before? The latest iphones, ipads, androids etc can do even more than tablets.

Finally and this is most annoying to me, why do stores sell products with the wrong capacity units? Instead of 5 TB being 5024 GB, it's now a rounded 5000. Not only that but now a 5 TB external hard-drive is more like 4.6 TB if you're lucky and you're getting at least 424 GB off the capacity. I find that highly frustrating in the extreme. I am tempted to create a petition asking companies to give us the correct capacity in the correct units. I'd rather pay more to get exactly 5024 GB, even if that means giving external hard-drives more storage than 5024 GB.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : datajake1999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector