Re: any radio scanner hobbyests out there?

Hi daniel.
I have on and off wanted some sort of usable radio scanner to scan all stations, from shortwave to marine, boat, aircraft, military and others.
Sadly, I havn't found things that worked, I did use to have a rather large scanner that was an old manual radio but to be honest I havn't hit anything that was accessible fully.
I am seriously wandering if I can get some sort of online scanner that can do things or get a scanner I could control with my computer.
Fact is though, a lot of radio stations now shortwave at least just is not much of here I'd still like to have something to fiddle with with good sound on them.