Re: accessible space games?

In terms of Ios, none I know that are accessible, (sadly though star traders elite is accessible, their 4x game isn't).

In terms of pc, there are still a couple of old bbs style games kicking around like tradewars, though your best two options are either browser based, or muds.

In muds there  is wayfare1444, which  involves building a colony on a distant planet, lots of building and crafting and resource gathering, also people management and vehicles. I'm not sure if this is exactly what your looking for but it's very cool.

website is at http://wayfar1444.com/

Browser based, there are lots and lots and lots! of options.

going from the simpler stuff like starship traders which is a browser frontend for a bbs game, to dayly grindy stuff like colony wars, complex design affairs like ateraan or astro empires, right up to amazingly complex things with research trees like astro g alaxy.

Have a poke around here, on www.whitestick.co.uk on their games to play online page and on our database and you'll find something sinse such games are very frequent.

I confess myself I'm still! waiting for that awesome single player 4X game which isn't just about which online player can minimax the fastest and keep his/her ship designs away from competitors, but I suspect I'll be disappointed until either a single player game or an online game not ruled by the pvp hacks comes on the seen.