Re: When is the last time anyone has read a braille book?

Have you guys seen the CNIB Orbit braille display thing? Launching in the fall, a 20 cell display for $400. It has some other features, but you can load an SD card into it and read from there. No cords, no Bluetooth. ... Now that I think of it, I don't remember if this is US dollars or Canadian. What's the exchange rate!
http://www.cnib.ca/en/news/Pages/2016-0 … nched.aspx

I intend on buying this pending favorable reviews. It won't take the place of multi lines-- I think I'll be dreaming on that for a while. I want a device I don't have to tether to a computer, a self-contained device that won't eat my phone battery with Bluetooth. I can just whip it out and read while I'm waiting for my ride after work, or curl up on the couch with it. I don't have to touch anything else or mess with SIRI.

Reading braille for spelling's sake is so important. Yes, braille is much slower than speech, but I feel connected in a totally different way to the text.

Can someone offer more info on the BrailleTouch Android tablet? What does it actually look like? Just a touch screen with a single line braille display below it?