Re: Another screen reader flame war? Seriously?

I don't have any problem with people favoring their personal choices and telling others about them. I'd have never learned about NVDA otherwise. And after hearing about it, I did give it a try for a solid two weeks by which I mean that during the try JAWS was not installed, it was NVDA or Navigater or nothing. At the end of the two weeks, I decided that I preferred JAWS, now that doesn't mean I think NVDA is trash, far from it, I'm very impressed with what NV Access offers.

Where I draw the line is when people feel that they have to interrupt other people's threads with messages that do nothing but put down screen readers or other assistive technology other than their favorite and or the people that use them. such messages don't contribute constructively to the thread's topic and honestly have no place there. If you want to tout your favorite assistive technology to others, create a separate thread to do it.

Honestly, we, the visually impaired community, should be glad for every screen reader and other assistive technology that is available. Too often the sighted community leaves us with little or no choices, so we should be glad when there are plenty.

When possible, we should be trying to help each other when we have questions or problems and reach out for assistance regardless of the assistive technology we choose to use. Not throwing stones at people asking for help just because we didn't choose the same assistive technology you chose.