Re: Identifying unusual musical chords

I think just being a well-experienced musician provides the greatest amount of skill for this before looking at a score.  Jazz performers tend to improvise the most out of any types of musicians I know.

I'm interested though -- perfect pitch is when you hear a note and can identify it without another pitch, obviously meaning relative pitch.  But what happens when you don't hear a note in a chord?  I'm not sure that wouldn't necessarily be perfect pitch.  If they personally cannot pick out certain notes, I don't think that's diminishing they're ability to identify them...

Luke