Re: HAs anyone played these muds?

Actually sterloc I gave up with discworld. I tried the game, finished the newbie area, then spent literally a few ours wandering ancmorpork not sure what to do. The "quests" command was so unspecific it didn't help at all, especially sinse as you observed areas are gigantic.
When I asked for help on the newbie channel, people just either said how hard their time as a newbie was or told me to "Look around" or said how good the game was without being of much help.

None of the npcs seemed to have much interaction or intelligence, indeed as I said, seeing characters like corporal knobbs just stand there and occasionally give stat reactions and not be able to interact with them was actually frustrating.
There was no jobs command or quests nearby command or similar.

I'm sure there is a good game in there somewhere and the writing definitely  gave me the discworld feeling from the books, but to be honest I was not the least impr essed with the game or much inclined to try again, though I will give it a db page for the screen reader adaptations.

right now however, I'm well  into  altereon doing many quests, and also considering trying avalon again too, though I'll have to start a new char on there as I can't reclal anything of where I was.