Re: Avalon RPG

Loremaster is good, because if I'm remembering it correctly, it leaves you open to make a LOT of money later on. That was my second choice, behind druid. You can fly as a loremaster too. I think loremasters can enchant weapons and things, but you might want to doublecheck that, because I may be mixing it up with another profession.
I would say, go druid, if you don't want to fight a lot.
But if you are interested in combat, go for either loremaster or ranger.
When I was on, rangers were very helpful. If you tried that one, someone would surely help you get a weapon if you didn't have the money for it, although I'm thinking rangers might be able to make their own weapons.