Re: where have the jobs gone?

You know? I would have agreed with that 100% 10 years ago, and to the abyss with the Capitalist interpretation of the Puritan work ethic.
So, OK, still to the abyss with the Capitalist interpretation of the Puritan work ethic, but Great Gatsby does going a week at a time without human contact and a 23.¾h sleep schedule wreck one's ability to do any of that stuff I was planning to do. Which was largely "write, research, compose, code, design, build... just create and discover in general"-type things. There was a something-something-physics in there at one point, but that didn't ... ah... happen.
(Oh, poo, it doesn't recognize the ¾ as a number, so it doesn't read the h as hours. *Adds "learn how to contribute to NVDA and comprehend Formant synthesis" to the list of things that should have done 10 years ago* ... Also that sleep schedule kinda broke in the past couple weeks for reasons mysterious.)

I kinda feel like the problem is that there is a time limit that no one ever mentions before it runs out. Miss any of the important skills / opportunities / support system-building in that window where you're expected to be too immature to do certain things but still make a major financial decision in the name of "education"... miss that window, and if the deck wasn't already stacked against you, it certainly will be. How many people have turned their lives around dramatically after their third decade? And that's a generous expansion of the window, IMO.

To tell the truth, I'm not feeling especially great about going to LCB. But as nothing else has helped, I'm kinda out of options.

(And then Loki spake, saying "Thou knowst what would increase the torments in which introverts in an extrovert-favoring society abide? Verily, blindness and spoilage, for in what manner shall they work, save in hourly consultation with strangers? For spoilage strangles their skills in the cradle, and blindness robs them of the axe and favor among the lords of men.")

I know letters and music and Java and Python,
Languages Judo and tricks to fake vision,
But do you recall...
The sole greatest talent of all?

(I am not having any luck getting any synonyms... or antonyms for that matter, of conscientiousness / "G" / Executive Function / Diligence / Will power / Focus... OK, I guess Focus fits the rhythm, but it feels like it misses a ton of important nuance. -_- this is what I get for not rereading Tolkien for so long.)
(*adds "finish that attempted rant-in-the-form-of-a-Christmas-song-parody" to the list of things to do* ... *If everything on that list takes an average of 10 weeks to complete, it will take 20 years, which would be slightly less daunting had the past 10 years been half of said 20 years.*)