Re: jobs star wars and stuff

but i did not get myself that far. through elementary middle and high school i did the work. but i had a vision  teacher who 1. transcribed braille to print. 2. prepared all my books so when i got to class i could focus on the work. 3. made sure all work was accessible and in an accessible format ahead of time. they did not teach me how to do this on my own. not really. when i went to college i spent hours and hours scanning books into the computer. foreign language books as spanish was my major and hoping the machine scanned it right. and then after putting forth a huge effort to try and make the stuff accessible. i had to sit down and read it. oh and if the computer misrecognises text? oh well too bad. you fail. now lets contrast that with sighted folks. they go to college. no scanning for hours and hours. they pick up their books and read them. If I ever go back to college I will study to be a teacher of the visually impaired. then in my classes i will be surrounded with f olks who can help me out and who will gain experience from helping to make stuff accessible if needed. I wish there were TVI's in colleges for blind folks. scanning books for hours and hours back in 2002. not fun. and it burnt me out and after that I did not feel like doing the work because I had just spent hours and hours doing my best to put the work in a somewhat accessible format. When I go to school I want to focus on doing the work and passing. I do not want to worry about is this accessible? or is it not accessible? how will I make this or that material accessible? No let that to the TVI. 4 year universities do have disabilities office. But there is no standard among them. I did my best work at Lions world services for the Blind. Everything was pre-made and accessible. No scanning. No figuring out how to make this or that accessible before I did the work. And as a result I focused only on doing the classwork and passed with excellent grades.