Re: New computer,what should I go for,mac,windows etc

I had written that post at least 10 hours before and I couldn't submit the dam thing,because safari and this forum don't like eachh other, or at least VO doesn't like me making posts on here. :d

@sebby, I agree, macs and low cost usually don't go together, but what I'm trying to do here is get the notebook which will last me the longest within the price I can pay. Even though I can't get the best mac out there,I guess the lower ends might just do me as well,again as long as they are available around here.
Your views regarding macs generally match  what I've seen myself, and that's one reason I'm even thinking of macs at all.
Funnyly enough, imo macs make the best windows machines out there,although a bit steap in price terms.
I had almost forgotten about wwdc, and I'll try and hold on til then because I'm more likely to get a better deal at that point than otherwise, but dunno if I can make do without til then.
Thanks, either way, I'll keep all of that in mind when I go to make a purchase.