Setting up MacBook Pro

Hello all,

I just put in my order for the 2015 model MacBook Pro.

I souped up the processor to the 2.8GHZ quadcore Intel Core I7 processor, alongside 16GB of SDRAM and a 512GB SSD.

My goal is to eventually put Windows on it, but I had a few inquiries.

Regarding Bootcamp VS. VMware Fusion, I'm curious about processor resources needed to run either or.  Is Bootcamp heavier on the CPU than VMware, or vice versa?  If I plan to run more intensive programs on the Windows side of my computer through VMware will I encounter lag?  I'm planning to run a basic setup through Windows, like Jaws, OpenBook, things of that nature, and also Sonar with CakeTalking.  I imagine running OSX will not render any problem if it's running alongside Windows in VMware, but I wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Now, regarding peripherals, I took a look at Apple's superdrive, and am wondering if there is a better, and, um, che aper alternative solution.  I suppose at the end of the day I don't need the ability to use a disc reader, but it would be nice to install everything I own through the original discs.  The Superdrive is retailed at $80, and I'm fairly certain there are other drives that can do the same thing, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Luke