Re: Hey apple, i want my personal music back

Hi all.
Hmmm to be honest, I'd think you would backup it all up.
WHat clearly is coming out of this is that if you clear your subscriptions with apple that it clears the folder with everything in it.
The only way I can see out of this is to always keep a backup.
That may include having your library of music in other places.
Yes I do have a library of other music round my drives, no, I won't be going apple music I will just go the traditional download rout from the store, saying that, I can probably get better quality outside the itunes store<sigh>
Its not accessible anymore but I was able to buy over 100 dollars worth of jazz from google play with their semi non accessible music manager in total 320kbps mp3 which was good enough for my needs and back it up.
The other thing I would do if I could would be to rout your music library for itunes somewhere else, in fact your itunes library is usually in \music\itunes media anyway.
I wouldn't store everything all the time there either.
It shows that if you have other music to keep it somewhere else.
It shouldn't effect other sources and even if it did, at least for amazon, google play, bandcamp, etc you can download that music again even cd baby has this, its in your online library usually to.
Sadly apple hasn't thought about pc users as much as say apple users.
I don't use itunes myself but it is the only way to do transfers for your apple device.
It hoggs resources and includes a lot of software extras.
I brought something on itunes itself, and to be honest it cost as much as well buying it on disk and since things got dammaged and things mangled I am getting it all again normally.
Its clear though that if you want to use itunes, use your apple device for all that.
There were ways to put to your ipod and some special drives etc which I have not investigated as such but they do cost, so library wise there may be some if costly ways to get round itunes for say transfering music and such.
Ofcause there are advantages to buying apps, software updates, etc on your pc.
I also can backup my library from pc which is better than bothering with trying to do that to my cloud drive on my apple device though I could do that to.