Re: Question about lone wolf

Sapi, speech api.

Essentially it's an in built text to speech system that comes with all versions of windows and can be accessed by a number of applications such as windows narrator, certain addons for internet explorer to speak pages, interactive fiction interpreters etc. All screen reading programs I believe can directly output to sapi as well, though many have in built proprietory voices instead.

Several audio games use it as an output method too, for example all of Jim Kitchin's and Ian Humphries spoonbill games, and other games that output to screen readers can output to sapi, indeed that's the way I usually use programs like vipmud from Gma games.

By default the microsoft sapi voices provided with windows are pretty cruddy, but if you have better sinth voices installed you can enable them in the windows control panel.

So for lone wolf, if you don't have window eyes or jaws you can enable sapi and be fine.

Hth.