Re: Harry potter books memories from harry potter fans

Hi.
Well it's been years since I've read the books but I have a lot of good memories. This might get long so don't say I didn't warn you lol.
Well the first time I ever heard about harry potter I was probably about 9 or 10. My best friend had the first book and I had a sleep-over at her house and she read a lot of it to me. My mother had heard on a christian talk show that harry potter books were evil. I was excited to tell her and she freaked out lol. I remember she ignored for about half the day. For some reason later on maybe a few months she changed her mind and bought me the first one on tape. It wasn't as fun as having my friend read to me but Jim Dale was really cool to listen too. I finished the sorcerer's stone and my friend read me chamber of secrets which was really fun. She moved away and so I didn't have anybody to read to me like she did.
I actually read the third and forth books out of order. At school I got the gobl et of fire and read that which was really cool although I didn't know it was the fourth.
Spoilers.
It was a shock to me at the end of goblet of fire when voldemort returned.
end.
I felt like I was missing something when I read goblet of fire. One of my teachers had a sister who had the harry potter books on tape. She got me prisoner of azkaban but the second tape had been unraveled so I couldn't read it. I finally was able to get prisoner at the library which was nice it helped me understand a lot of things. Something that annoyed me was some of the tapes from the books the narrator would say something then it would echo in the backround. Anybody remember that?
Anyway I finally got prisoner and loved it. When order of the phoenix came out I wanted the audiobook but my parents couldn't afford it at first. Something cool I remember was at the costco store they played the current harry potter book in the books section. I was able to get order of the pho"enix eventually which was cool but I found it more disturbing then the first books. One of my favorite parts in phoenix is when harry gets career advice and the two professors argue over him lol. I remember I was worried about what would happen in the next books.
When the half-blood prince came out my teacher who was a really nice lady got prince because she became a fan of harry potter herself. She let me borrow it after she finished it. I liked it until I got to the end then I was devistated. I actually didn't even want to read the seventh book. One thing I liked about prince was the memories of voldemort although later on when I read the seventh book they didn't really seem to serve a purpose.
The deathly hallows it took me about a week to read and I loved every minute of it. I remember I was starting my junior year of high school that week and I would have rather read deathly hallows than do homework lol. I finished it, it was so good although I was disappointed they didn't go into more