Re: Crazy Party: mini-games and card battle! (beta39)

Hi all.
I've become slightly addicted to crazy Party over the last few days; particularly the adventure mode. I don't much care for the card battle as It's quite beyond me. I've never been in to Pokemon or anything like that, which the battle basically is.
But the adventure mode is just great, although I think I'll be stuck in the beach and circus worlds for the foreseeable future.
I love how you have to walk around each world's map to find each game. It reminds me of Super Mario World on the SNES.
I do have a couple of questions, which hopefully someone could answer, and a few suggestions. Obviously it's a beta, and  a well polished one at that.
More often than not, I start off with a score of -20 points, and I can't think for the life of me why that might be. I know it's some kind of penalty system, but even though if I complete a game without making too many mistakes, I still start at -20.
I'v e seen people mention bonus items. I've not found any yet, and not sure what I'm listening out for. I assume I just have to walk over them to pick them up if I do  find them?
So, my suggestions, which could be spoilery, so:
In some levels, particularly water based ones, I think you move far too slowly, be it swimming or wading. Many a time I've been heading towards a bubble and died a millisecond before I've reached it. So if movement could be sped up just a little, that would be Brilliant.
The game should allow you to escape out of the map screen back to the main menu.
Once you've cleared a world, all the minigames of that world you have beaten should be free for you to replay. This is how Super Mario World worked. The only levels you couldn't do this with were castles, as Mario destroys them. There would be no need for gems though if you were t o implement this, so maybe perhaps just leave it how it is.
Maybe announce how many games there are on each path that you've just unlocked. I only knew about the window cleaning game after accidentally stumbling on it, and if it were visually displayed, it would be immediately obvious that that game was there.
I'm not sure how, but the top down games should be easier to navigate. I spend half my time just bumping into walls, which isn't the best thing to do, especially when I've been cornered by a horde of angry ants intent on eating me up. You could have a continuous sound coming from the direction of a wall that gets louder the closer you are to it, like in paladin of the sky.

That's all for now, but keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Kara

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kelwl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kara_Louise via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kelwl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector