Re: Android tablet versus Kindle Fire

You might want to get the $50 Fire tablet. What do you want to do with the tablet? If it's basic things, the Fire might work well enough. I'm going to give in and purchase this thing. It's incredibly cheap so if I decide it's worthless, who cares. The Fire does have a Micro SD slot that supports up to 128 gb cards, so if expandable storage is a perk, you might wnat to go with that device. Now I'm starting to wonder why I bought my Nexus 7 2 years ago for $224 with no expandable storage.

I believe it is possible to root that $50 tablet and install a custom rom. If worse comes to worse and you hate Amazon's forked version of Android, that is an option. Well, I'm off to buy one of these incredibly cheap tablets. I love getting new toys!