Re: Can we turn the power of a computer remotely?

You need to enable Wake-on-LAN in the BIOS and also in device manager.  You would also need to find a third-party utility that will help send WOL packets to the target system.  This involves a great deal of networking, including portforwarding, and accessing info like your external IP address.

Given that the BIOS isn't accessible, and that the third-party utilities might not be either, I would say for a blind user by him or herself to do this is impossible.

Luke