Re: Curious about reasons for Brexit

@Dark, while I agree that neither side were exactly blameless in the matter of spin, it wasn't a member of the Remain party who shot and stabbed an MP on a public street with a shout of "for Britain!". It's undisputed acts of mindless aggression like that, actually murdering people in cold blood, that gives the Leave party its xenophobic shadow.

I'd also argue that leaving the EU won't actually help with burocracy and Capitalism in the world of business and industry. You really think that America, your current home, is without its ruthless and exploitative Capitalists? For most of the 20th century, it was the go-to stereotypical country for them. I just think that Britain's petty isolationism won't help our economy or our legal system at all. I think it will just make us look petulent and desperate and we won't be invited to join future trade deals because we're a small island, with too many people, and very little of our tra ditional industries to contribute to the world.

As for the border between northern and southern Ireland, it's quite possibly a valid point that it will need to be changed. It's not disputed that they're separate countries but it is a fact that relaxation of border controls within the EU will not, strictly speaking, apply on that border any longer, once Britain leaves the EU.