Re: New horror and adventure sidescroller, The gate!

Hi Post 397 yes, I totally agree with that. Let me give my thoughts. 1. Listening game sounds before you actually discover what it is, that will ruin 50 percent of fun. For example, I played alter aeon, I leally enjoyed it. The Mush-z client was good however what I didn't like in Mush-z was learn game sounds. It directly opens the sounds folder and allow you to listen them, even sounds which you didn't discover. Yes, I listened to them and I felt um like, let's just say, I felt if I knew what would happen in the future. That made the game kind of boring, at least for me it was something that I shouldn't have done. But I've done that anyway, and after a short time, I don't play alter aeon now. Same thing goes for any game. Why do we play games? What is the audiogames.net about? In my opinion, we play games because it's fun, and it is fun because we don't know and we don't wanna know how the game coded technically. If you break yo ur favorite game apart, you'll notice that the game is nothing more than a calculator. We play games because we don't know how they coded, like I said. I'm trying to not to be harsh or disappoint any audiogame developers, but I have more serious question. Why do you develop an audio game? Well most of you say I develop audio games because it is fun and I wanted. Yes, I thought that way, like other developers. However, I recently checked the Death match topic and it's posts, and there was a post by danny. What he said in that particula post was that the Dmnb was a time waster. He had to fix several things to keep the server going. I focused on that line where he says that the dmnb was a time waster. So I've got another question to audio game developers. Let's assume that you are in high school and you are developing a really awesome audio game. It takes a lot of work and so much time. Then you need to code constant updates and also keep the serve r running if a unexpected error happens. Okay, let's say it is very popular and you took care of this awesome thing for 5 years. Now what? What does it return for you? If it returned nothing, then you can say, this game was a time waster. I think danny was in that case. Now, what would you guys do when that happens to you? Will you simply shut it down and say, hey I stopped working on this project for personal reasons? Or will you continue work on that project? I'm sorry if I was harsh, but again, I'm not disappointing you guys, I'm just asking questions.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : EternalGamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GarrettTurner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ulisesmonge40 via Audiogames-reflector