Re: How monthly payments work for blind people in your countries?

The US also has SSI (supplemental Security Income) for disabled who are unemployed/low income, which pays a maximum of just over $700/month (around €635, or £540), for an individual living alone. I remember it being around $400-500 when I was still officially living with my parents (so while I was at college and the two years I took off). You can spend it however you want, but must have less than $2000 in resources (this includes extra houses or cars which "can be easily converted to cash"). There are special rules for blind people, so that if you start working, they only take away $0.50 for each $1.00 you earn. IIUC, this also comes with access to Medicaid health insurance in many states, but it varies from state to state. IIUC, this doesn't come with any other services.
SSI is enough for me to live on, if I never plan on doing anything like paying off student loans or buying any of those overpriced braille displays or funding a better game than the crap I've been making. It's enough for me because I own my home and therefore don't have to pay rent. Also, I'm not sure it wouldn't dry up much faster if I started traveling at all.
(Also, Medicaid is very picky about what they pay for. Notably, they won't pay for stimulants (the primary ADHD medication) if you aren't a student or employed. I understand the reasoning but feel like there's a slight chicken-and-egg problem, there.)