Re: Accessing the internal disk of Digital Book Players

For anyone who follows me on Twitter this may be old news, but in case you don't, I actually just today managed to extract the contents of a Victor Reader Stream UPG file. I simply used 7zip to extract the upgrade and got all the 904 stream sounds. And the stream, from what I can get out of the update, is running a modified version of Linux. Also some sounds are reused from other products, such as the stratis, and the class mate reader. And it turns out that the UPG file is actually a Squash FS archive. Squash FS is a file system that is used in Linux, usually on embedded systems.