MidiText released, music creation by entering text commands

Hello all,

I'm not going to tell you something about a new game, that's why I posted this here and not in the new release room.
However, I know that there are musicians, geeks, and people who are both at the same time here. That's why I still decided to let you know about this.
If this message is considered to be ad or spam, please tell me and don't hesitate to delete this post. I promise I won't do it again.

MidiText is a program that let you create music (MIDI files) by entering simple text-based commands.

For example, "CDEFGABc" is a C scale, and "G&B&d" a G major chord.
All available commands are of course described in the readme. You aren't limited to simple songs or chiptunes, you can make as complex music as MIDI let you write, including advanced effects.
For those who may know some of my music creations, they all have been composed with this tool.

The version number is 5, but in fact it's the first time that I really publish it since 2004. One of the main reason I didn't do it earlier is that I never have had the courage to write even a small documentation for the commands. Now it's done and I think it's time for me to no longer be « the creator of a program I'm the only one able to use it » as I heard by the few people I gave an older copy.
Another reason is that older versions up to 4.0 were made in Java with a Swing interface. Nowadays, such interfaces are quite crappy with Jaws and NVDA, and I decided to rewrite it in C++.

Features :
- Create music by entering text-based commands, in a text editor almost as simple as notepad
- Use instruments in SF2 soundbanks, possibly several at the same time
- Export your creation to WAV/OGG/MP3
- New: open any MIDI file and decompile it into its commands; no information loss
- New: connect your MIDI keyboard, record, and obtain the commands corresponding to what you played

Download here: http://demo.quentinc.net/Miditext/miditext500b.zip
Basic 28MB soundbank and 3 examples MIDI files included

IF you are interested to see how far I was able to go, I can post links to a few examples of music I made with my program, with earlier versions (2, 3 or 4).

I would be very happy to have your thoughts about my software!
If you really like it, I may think about selling it for a few dollars. I don't know really yet. Currently it's free, but at beta stage, so possibly buggy.

Thank you and have fun!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hhurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector