how the sam hill do you unlock the first stadium in manamon?

hello there and good evening to all of my audio gaming friends, karate25 here. I've already captured several manamon but I'm having trouble with getting into the first stadium because apparently you've got to find the missing bell from the bell tower and I'm not sure how you do that. I've beaten all of the manamon tamers inside the tower and found the rare gem but I've sold it for gold. I hope I haven't just done myself in by selling an important quest item. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Also, I can't figure out how to get through the water on the eastern trail.