Sarah patch uninstall?

Hi everyone,
I've just bought sarah and the castle of witchcraft. I downloaded the patch as recommended, but ever since I did, it's been freezing, not responding, and sometimes it takes NVDA or Jaws out with it. It happens a lot just outside the broom closet, outside the staff room, and generally everywhere with object navigation on. Before the patch, it ran fine on the demo mode and never froze or crashed. Any help, and if not, please, does anyone know how to lose the patch. I'd rather go with the older version than not be able to even get past the broom closet unless I apperate into it.that's just not working.
Thanks in advance,
Blake