Re: question about coffie

@Turtlepower I'm not crazy on cream (my lady actively abhores it), though I don't like too sweet so those things don't sute me at all.
I have had a couple of passable coffee syrups but with those you really do need to be careful with what you buy and from where, since as you said, more often than not they just taste of sugar.

While I admit grinding the beans myself is a little excessive, (though okay once your used to it), making coffee with pre ground stuff in the cafeteir is really no harder than using a filter or making tea in a teapot.
You just spoon your grounds into the pot, boil the kettle, (then if your wise wait for a minute or two for the water to be off boiling), then fill the cafeteir and leave for five minutes or so. You then put the top on the cafeteir and gently press the plunger which pushes all the grounds to the bottom so that you don't end up with a mouth full of granuals which isn't nice, then you pour it out.

I admit this is easier with an electric kettle, actually i find the way that so many people in this country turn on the hob to just heat water sort of loopy, Kettles are one thing I miss from living in Britain, particularly since it means to make tea for my lady in the morning I need to microwave the water which doesn't work too well.