Re: Work with children

Hey Jonikster,
This has definitely gotten mixed responses, but I do wish to share my thoughts on this. I apologize, as this got rather longer than intended.
This post is mainly based on the area of where I live along with my research over the years, but this should hopefully assist you.
So from what I can gather, you're looking to work with and teach children from 2 to 10 years of age.
First and formost. Everything with this profession depends on where you live, along with your age. for example. Out of my area of Milwaukee wisconsin, the establishment has a much different and more strict view on who can, and can not work with children in general. When I last checked, several world wide places outside of Milwaukee Wisconsin have a strong view that Men of all ages in particular are basicly deamed pure evil towards children, and that they have no business even looking at them, especially if they are disabled. I do recommend that you check with your local area childcare agencys and find out what your laws, rules, regulations, expectations and age limits are for working with children, caring for them etcetera. Also, if you're still in Highschool, there may be a class or 2 that you can take for this purpose. I took said classes in my 11th and 12th grade year and passed.
But the childcare judgment thing is rather unfortunate, because this is a very twisted sterriotype that needs to be deeply evaluated and flattened in many parts of the world. However, this sterriotype has been pretty much debunked in Milwaukee several years ago. I think that the debunking started after I gave my rather Stereotypical childcare teacher the tung lashing of a lifetime. Haha just kidding, although the tung lashing was very loud and real smile.
But anyhow, where I currently reside now, it is rather easy to get some type of workers position, weather it be vo llintary or payed, as a visually impaired/disabled indevidual. All that I would need is to be in or out of highschool, and 18 years of age or older to get started, along with some sort of agency to represent me as an interested candidate for the position. In fact, the agency in question is called Vision Forward, who has a childrens department built rite into the structure. They have never had that before, it was recently added, which is definitely awesome.
Now, if I were to land the position, a sighted assistant is required. I'm unsure if it's constantly during your shift, or until the indevidual feels cumfortable, and the assistant either 1, hangs back and interveens less over time, or 2, stops assisting altogether. I remember that in my highschool classes, my assistant would hang back after some time in the feeld. As for agencys and organizations outside of my highschool, I haven't researched that far yet about sighted assistance, as I'm more focused on ot her afares at the moment. But I do know that 1 is, at least, required none the less.
But apart from working with and teaching children, I could even go beyond that here. Say I have the desire to foster/adopt a child, in my area limits. No problem in the slightest. I just have to take the required classes, complete and pass the lessons and the materials and go through the background check, evaluation and authorization processes.
In fact, I know 2 fully functioning visually impaired familys, along with 1 visually impaired single man, all living locally here, and who have all adopted children, and there children in question have never been better off. I also know of several blind teachers, both mail and female, who do a super fantastic job at what they do. I myself have even been tought by said indeviduals. They also have had, and successfully raised children themselves, along with teaching others. So yes. Working with children and more can be very possible for you. If you do your research, keep on it, and put your mind, your sole and your body into what you truly wish to do, then by all means, go for it, work towards your goals and your dreams, and reap those rewards. the feeling is so great.
Best Regards,
Rob