That "terribly underdeveloped" thing refers to stat potential quite outside your training.

I'm going to explain this training thing/stat checker thing one more time, in the hopes that I make it clear. I may even put a clearer explanation in my guide.

The Hazeldale stat checker will assign a description to all of your stats based on their overall potential. This potential is set when the manamon is generated and will never, ever, ever change, no matter what you do. I'm going to assume this value is either from 1-10 or 0-10, or something like that.
Something that says "perfect" means that this value is maxed. Something that says it's "terribly undeveloped" means it's like 1 or 2 or something. Other descriptions fall somewhere in between.
So, let's do an example with easy numbers here.
Let's say Myaneko's max HP is 400. This assumes that the stat checker says his HP is perfect, and that you pu mp train points into HP until you can't anymore. At level 100, he will have 400HP.
Now, let's say that your Myaneko's Hp says "terribly underdeveloped" according to the stat checker, and this means his HP potential is 1 instead of 10. Now let's assume that each point in this potential translates to 2 points in real life. So a Myaneko with a 0 potential could only ever get a max of 380HP (400-20) even if you maxed his HP via training.
I'm sure the stat spread between perfect and awful is no more than twenty to thirty points. It probably isn't an absolute game-breaker. When I breed for stuff with high stats it's because I've always been kind of a min-maxer, so to speak.
So, in this fashion, that Myaneko you were talking about, whose defense is terribly underdevelopes, just means it's going to fall probably 15-25 points short of its true maximum, no matter how hard you train it. If you bred another one and got a perf ect defense stat potential, you wouldn't have that issue, and you'd notice a small difference in your Myaneko's defense.

So, to summarize:
1. The stat guy in Hazeldale City is talking about overall potential, which is fixed as soon as you get the manamon and can't be changed.
2. Training a weak stat may help, but it will never ever make up that difference.
3. A weak stat doesn't mean a terrible manamon, but the breeder is there if you just want to get more out of your investment and don't want to settle for losing a potential 20-30 points in a worst-case scenario.

Make sense?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Merin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector