help with pinochle game for dos

hey i got the talking dosbox the one that works with NVDA. I edited the dosbox configuration so it works with the most programs by setting the following lines

ems=true
umb=true
xms=true

so i got the dos pinochle game from nfbnet.org/files/games coppied it into the cdrive folder, ran it like this inside talking dosbox.
cd\pinochle
loadhigh pinochle

my problem is this. it asks me to enter my name after saying welcome to 4 partner pinochle. so i enter my name and press enter and nothing. i don't know how to make the game continue. can anyone help with pinochle for dos? thanks.