Re: Newb Needing Help With Classes In BGT

Hi Ross,
yeah, feel free to zip up and upload your entire code if you're okay with me checking it out. I won't be adding anything that's not there yet unless you specifically ask me to, so that you still have work to do, things to learn, and ways of implementing everything to discover, but I'll fix or improve what I think is worth doing so. :-)

I've never heard of Interactive Buddy but the concept definitely sounds interesting, and I think I understand what you mean, at least I have a rough imagination. And I got the idea of placing the trampoline wherever on the map the user wants. I'll definitely be looking forward to playing this when it's finished! :-)

Fortunately, your current issue with the insert_last function is pretty easy to fix. Most BGT functions, even custom ones, canot be called during global variable initialization. That means that you have to place the trampolines.insert_last(tramp) line somewhere else, inside a f unction. It just won't work here, at the top of your code where you declare your global variables. For now, before the trampoline placing dialog is implemented, you can probably just place it anywhere in the main function. That should do the trick for now. When the dialog is there, it would of course belong right after it.

What's confusing you about the for loop? How would you go about it? Any specific ideas or issues?
I'm of course willing to write it out for you if you have no clue at all, it's easy enough, but I'd just like to discuss it first if you don't mind. Figuring things out on your own greatly speeds up and deepens the learning process, from my experience. :-)

Hope this helps,
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Omar Alvarado via Audiogames-reflector