I've just completed Manamon, and as such, I have a few questions that I feell only Aaron Baker can answer.
Reply can come via PM if desired.
Regarding the Manamon and their cries...
1. Were the manamon designed through pictures first, or were they all just made up in people's heads.
2. I noticed that colors were used in a lot of the manamon descriptions.
was the entire dev team blind, or did any of them have sight at some point in their lives?
3. Who did the cries.
4. is the cry when Squarpha dies someone saying "ouwww", or is that actually a bird.
I noticed that Squarpha's other cries are derived from birds, but have no idea what kind.
Regarding the manapedia...
1. I noticed that all measurements such as height and weight are given in meters and killagrams.
For us fokes in the US who don't use such measurements, might it be possible to put some kind of setting in the game or manapedia so we can c hange this to pounds (LBS) and feet?
I know their are formulae that can be used to convert these things, but I've slept sence twelth grade, and don't want to have to keep bringing up some web site or calculator everytime I want to know how much something weighs/how tall something is.
Other things...
Possible spoilers...
1. What is the small sceen about that plays when the player first enters sandcot city?
It's the one with the voice saying "Gocha!"
2. What is the Manamon Octoross kills for the blood to revive Erodium?
Is it native to tangiria?
Also the manamon that holds up the bell?
Is it also native to tangiria?
I didn't internalise the names when the sceen plaied out.
Well that's all for now.
Later!
Ps: I just read Jades response, and agree with it.
Manamon could be so much more than it is, and it wouldn't take much work to make this game into something fantastic.
I put more than 5 days across an entire month into it, and enjoied my time with it, but feel SMs; or something like them, could help the game a lot.
I know a sequel may not come out for a while; if at all, but if it did, aaron could use that to balance out the original Manamon plus add new ones, and add a new country as he teezed it a lot during the story.
As most of the framework is already done, it shouldn't cost as much to make a sequel Vs. making an entirely new game from scratch.
Later! really this time!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector