Another nice accessible roguelike

Hey hey to all!

I know it isnt a real new release. But the newest Version is Six momth old. So i think it is OK to post it here.
As i allready mentioned, it is a very very good roguelike called Dungeon Crawl stone soup with a long long developing history and absolutely huge content! you got the choice over more than 20 races and each of them are sometimes completely different. There are no real classes but there are starting kids. Another interesting part of this game are the gods. There are also more than 22 different gods you can join. The funny thing about the gods is, that you dont chose your god in the beginning. No no! You have to explore the dungeon and sometimes you will find altars where you can join one of the gods. So you never know wich altar you will find cause the levels are randomly generated as allways in this genre.
What makes this crawl so accessible is the fact of autoexploring by pressing o. Nearly 90% of the levels can be explored this way. Som etimes there are special places autoexplore cant reach. But this is rarely.
Another maybe interesting option for some of you here might be the fact that you can create triggerfiles for soundeffects. It is not complicate. I managed it so it cant be so hard.
The general general general main tip is, to read the big manual. It is very informative and you can learn a lot about the gameplay, the races and so on!
The latest stable version is 18.1 but you can also get a trunk-update to check the newest ideas and corrections.
I thought about getting in contact with the developers. But again there was this chapcar shit. Maybe someone here can try to get one of them into this topic.
If some of you got questions about controling and playing, simply ask and i will try to answer it. I think i am relatively familiar with it.
Let me say it again. Read the manual first! You will need it!
The link to this funny stuff is:

crawl.develz.org

This is the trut h. There is no http or www.
Oh, realy realy important. I am using NVDA. When you start the game, wait some moments and press alt-tab two or three times to get access to the game.

And now, go and have fun!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector