Re: Adventure To Fate : Future Apocalypse (upcoming iOS game)

I actually need to get back to adventure to fate. One of the more serious problems of the job I do for audiogames.net is occasionally I get so obsessed with playing games to write about them, I forget to play games, ----- well to play them and have fun big_smile.

@Mich, perhaps you could write up some formal guides for the articles room? That way I could also add them to the db pages for adventure to fate.

@Mirage, my lady's reaction to giant roaches is probably rather similar, indeed I just said the words "giant cockroaches" and her response was a rather loud "euuuuuuu!"  big_smile.

@Touchmint, Custom clients for muds can be problematic, since clients for screen readers speak the text directly rather than the user having to run all over the s creen with curser keys and find it (not really doable in a real time game.

While you could look at screen reader support in the custom client, that can be complicated since unlike on Ios, on Windows there are several different screen readers people use, Supernova (what I use), JAws, Window eyes, System access or the open source Nvda, , not to mention Microsoft's in built sapi, aka speech api system.
If you want to go down that route there are some reliable methods, noteably the toke library, however control of how the text speaks and when the game tracks the text speaks when outputting to one of four or five different programs is not an easy matter, indeed many developers for Windows just use Sapi, which then annoys people who don't have a half decent sapi voice.

Theoretically however if the mud has the mud name and port number any of the Vi accessible clients will be able to connect without trouble, eg, mudname.mudserver.com port 6666. That might actual ly be a better way around since the accessible mud clients will do all the screen reader support for you, people can customize the clients as they wish and the only thing you, as the mud developer needs to worry about is outputting text which is a relatively simple matter.

If you want some ideas on access in muds I can highly recommend checking out Alteraeon Audiogames.net database page here and Website here not only has the game got a host of screen reader adaptations, so many in fact that there is a custom built sound client which turns Alteraeon virtually into an audiogame, but the principle developer Dentin is a very active part of this community, has been working on muds for years and is an all around nice chap.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector