Re: Announcing the audiogames archive

Erick, as a contributor to the archive and as just a forum member in general, I must say that post was pretty unnecessary. It is very easy to see that the links have gone down most likely due to a flag from an Antivirus, not because of anything we did. Having ftp access to the server I can confirm, for your benefit and for everyone else wondering, that the last time I logged into the server, the games directory was gone. Complaining to us is not only unnecessary, but it does nothing to solve the problem. If anything, JollyLeaf, our webhost, would be the one to complain to, but you still shouldn't do that, because they're doing all they can too. Shit goes down all the time, and this is just one of those incidents. Antivirus can be a real pain in the ass at times, which is why I personally just steer clear from it in general, and just use my own logic to be mindful of what I'm downloading, without any "help." As for the Bt Sync folder, I could see about maki ng a bt sync folder. Perhaps one can be made, but we'll definitely be passing out read only keys this time round. For those who may remember, I did once set up an abandoned games bt sync folder of all the stuff I had, and I made the mistake of giving an open-access key out publicly. Turned into a mass trainwreck. We had movies placed in the folder, brand new games that were still around on their websites, some people uploaded cracked games, it was an epic fail. I think I may remember the infinite v file duplicating virus hitting the folder , thought not sure on that one. Eventually the whole thing resulted in a lot of shit getting deleted, and I was hosting on a cloud at the time which you can't trust anymore after my experience with two! platform shutdowns, Wuala and Bitcasa. So, if I'm gonna do an alternate bt sync folder, it will,
1. be hosted on my 2tb external hd, so will definitely have backups. I still have my older external as well so I can have a seconda ry backup in case someone hacks the folder.
2. will definitely be giving out read only keys to everyone.
3. May or may not be as up to date as the website. It looks like with bt sync you have to choose whether to give out read only or public keys, you can't give public ones to a few people then read only ones to the rest, sadly. This is why Bt Sync is not a very reliable option, so a fair warning that if one is set up, it will most likely be for alternate backup purposes only. If you really wanted the whole archive in one download, you could probably do a save complete webpage in your browser.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector