Re: New IPhone september 16 2016

At present, the only company or group of people making an accessible product that I would even consider saying that they care are the people behind NV Access and NVDA. I myself don't use it, I use JAWS and am very happy with it, considering it money well spent. As much as I like JAWS and support Freedom Scientific, I am not so blind as to think that Freedom Scientific has any altruistic considerations. Nope, all they care about, like any other for profit business, is making money. That their products help the blind and visually impaired is secondary to their primary goal of turning a profit. Although I don't like name calling and consider it a show of immaturity, Greedom Scientific is probably a more accurate name than Freedom Scientific is.

Apple is no different, you can also lump Microsoft, and Nuance, and just about every other for profit company you can think of in that group. They don't give a hang about you or your vision problems. All they care about is how much you'll spend on their products.

Actions speak louder than words. If Apple was truly serious about accessibility, most of the many long standing accessibility bugs would have been fixed in an update or two, instead they've been there for at least two years and are still nowhere near being addressed. That single fact alone speaks far louder to me of Apple's real considerations, than any claims of Apple caring about accessibility ever will.

When I consider products to purchase, whether they care about accessibility or not isn't a factor in my decision over what to buy. I simply choose the product that is accessible and fills my needs. When I bought my iPhone, I chose it because Android was so far behind in accessibility that it wasn't even a consideration. Now, I keep my iPhone because I don't want to spend the $400 or more on another phone. If I were in the market for a phone today, with all the accessibility improvements that have b een made, who knows, I'd probably buy an Android phone.