Re: New IPhone september 16 2016

Well, given that no one has actually discussed their experiences with these new IPhones, I thought I'd post my observations, since I was one of the few lucky individuals to receive theirs yesterday.  Before I do, however, a bit of background.
At first, I was just as frustrated about the lack of headphone jack as everyone seems to be, and I still am, to a degree.  However, my frustration has shifted from "wtf, no headphone jack? to "Wtf, why lightning?"  I don't think the IPhone is the first phone to kill the headphone jack, only the first flagship phone to do so.  Several android devices, such as the Moto Z have already done so.
The difference, and the thing that bothers me, is that Apple has chosen to drop the standard they recently adopted (USB C) on their IOS line of products, while continuing to use it on their macs.  Rumors claim that the next Macbook pro will have 4 USB C ports, but wait... no lightning.  How a re we expected to plug in our lightning powered headphones we purchased for our iPhones onto our brand new macs?   Why can't we just use USB C on our phones and our macs?  I'm hoping they resolve this on the IPhone 8, but I doubt it.

Anyway, is the IPhone 7 actually worth it, despite its huge drawback?

I purchased an IPhone 7 plus and I'm actually loving it so far.  The new home button is neat, the batterylife is actually quite insane, and it is extremely snappy.  3d touch works a little better than it does on the IPhone 6s, or at least the one I used.  I did not own one, so I cannot truly say that with confidence.
I had it running for nearly 12 hours using the gps (for a few minutes), facetime calls, downloading over 4 gb of random content, and typing a lot on my bluetooth keyboard.  I only managed to lower the battery to 48%.
I'm thinking of downloading some audio games and playing them for a few hours to see how the battery suffers.
I am very impressed with this thing so far, even though I was expecting a much more disappointing phone.  I only wish that apple would give a little more love to OS X, although I've heard many voice over bugs were squashed.
Also, voice over on IOS 10 has been much less buggy than on
previous releases, so that's another good thing.