Re: Question for Fellow Outdoorspeople

Ah cool. I've been to Cabela's but not that many times. Is it an open or closed reel? I like the open reels because I feel it flows more easily when you cast the line. They don't all have a trigger built in like mine, but you don't necessarily need that, just grab some line, open the bale and put the line against the rubberish felt kind of stuff the rod's near end is made from, then cast and let go your finger from the line and its just like button casting with closed reels but the line doesn't get all caught up on stuff. My dad rigged it up with this archery deal so I could tell when to stop reeling or I'd bring the hook all the way in to the smallest islet. But you can do the same thing with a light sinker, just clamp it loose on the line and move it right up against the islet when the line is reeled in, but not too far, the problem is sometimes the line can go through that islet and then you have a job fixing that.