Re: New IPhone september 16 2016

I agree that abandoning iOS for Android just because of an earphone jack is kind of silly, so I'll voice my opinion of Apple's decision by not buying into the iPhone 7 series. I'd be willing to bet though that after all the negative feedback, Apple changes their mind and brings back the earphone jack next year, if not sooner. Unfortunately for them the damage to iPhone sales, and their image, will have already been done.

Long standing accessibility issues and bugs should be a major consideration for anyone who needs the accessibility technology to work just to be able to use their device. Not making it an issue just tells Apple and any other company producing assistive technology, that you are willing to accept whatever they hand you, even if it's mostly non functional, more of an after thought than a real attempt at being accessible. And if that's the case, you do the vision impaired community more harm than good. Or do you enjoy being treated as a second class citizen, who's not worthy of the same consideration as everyone else?

Yes, iOS is currently ahead of the competition when it comes to being accessible, but I am not so blinded by the love of Apple, and all things Apple, that I won't consider products from their competitors.