Re: New IPhone september 16 2016

While I enjoy the accessibility I get, I'm also not blinded enough go with Apple simply because of it while ignoring all the leaps that Android is making with each progressive release. They're only catching up to apple, sure, but at least they're moving ahead from their current state... and that's something more than apple is doing. But as Figment said, there are many people here who won't see that... and who will stick with Apple products simply because they hand you accessibility in a box and dictate what you can and can't do.

As to them fixing the jack because of all the negative feedback, the stance from Apple from what their reps have all said seems to be a very marketted form of get over it. Their defense is, "Remember the floppy than cd rom drive being removed from the mac? Everyone complained about that too... but they moved on and accepted the change. So this should be the same!"

@nocturnus, well said. I've always p refered to have full control over my own devices as well, and let my preferences decide what I get, not how accessible something is. If I hae to compensate for it in some way or another, I'm not beyond doing that. It's the same with video gaming consoles... people are pushing the xbox1 because of the fact that narrator on it is better than the ps4 equivalent, but for me, it's not about how much of the interface gets read... it's about the game library and which of those games are more playable as someone who is blind, and the ps4 steps all over the xbox1 in that area.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gamesmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nightmare via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nightmare via Audiogames-reflector